Why go tandem when you can go solo? Learn to paraglide all by yourself!
An Intro Day paragliding course lasts about 6 hours and is the ideal way to experience paragliding. Combine adrenaline, adventure and learning. What an awesome experience.
The Intro Day paragliding course covers:
- A little bit of paperwork.
- An introduction to the equipment.
- Equipment preparation and set-up.
- The inflation of the paraglider.
- Controlling the wing above your head as you run! Gentle turns on the ground.
- How to safely abort a launch.
- 5 point pre-flight checks.
- Experience the launching sensation as you skim the ground over a gentle slope.
- The important components of a good safe landing.
- Basic theory.
- A minimum of 5 flights from the training hill. More if there’s time.
Learn in the most forgiving environment possible. You’ll be under the watchful eye of an experienced instructor at all stages. When you come to fly, communication will be via radio. You’ll always know what to do.
What to Bring
We provide all the paragliding equipment. This includes gliders, harnesses, radios and helmets.
Students should bring:
- Sturdy footwear. Boots if you have them. You’ll be running, launching, landing and walking up hills.
- Layered clothing. It may be cold in the morning. Exercise will make you hot!
- Drinking water.
- Sun block.
We provide helmets, but if you’d prefer, bring your own. A ski or snowboard helmet provides sufficient protection.
Want More? Other Paragliding Courses
The Intro Day paragliding course may have you itching for more. Paraventures teach to the New Zealand Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (NZHGPA) syllabus. We also offer PG1 and PG2 paragliding courses.
Paraventures are based from Cardrona ski field. Our gentle training hill, located at the foot of the hill is just perfect.
The village of Cardrona is 15 minutes drive from Wanaka and 45 minutes from Queenstown.
Pickup and drop off in Wanaka is available upon request.
- Bookings can be made by contacting us on 021 809 275, 0800 FLY SOLO or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift vouchers available.