Introductory Day: A one day course which introduces the basics techniques, the equipment and a little theory. Your reward is some exercise and your first low level flights. Who’d have thought it was that easy to learn to paraglide! Approximately 6 hours.
PG1 Course: If the intro day raises more questions than it answers, if you’re at risk of becoming an addict, if you need to fly higher, try the PG1 course. Find out if paragliding is really for you. It’s a three day course.
PG2 Course: You’ve completed PG1 and you’ve got the bug! Addicted already? PG2 is the license required to fly unsupervised in New Zealand. It’s time to learn to paraglide for real! Go on…
We’re happy to talk to you. Contact us if you have any questions.
Why Learn to Paraglide with Paraventures?
- Our passion for paragliding is undeniable.
- Paraventures are based in Cardrona, part way between Wanaka and Queenstown. The primary training site is Cardrona ski field.
- Cardrona is suitable for instruction all year round, not just in summer. The school opened in August 2016.
- Paraventures has a fully equipped classroom just 2 km from the landing field.
- We have access to a large number of sites. This will make you a better pilot.
- There is line-of-sight between launch for our primary training site. No flying off round the corner! It’s a really easy place to fly.
- We offer ongoing training and support. XC courses, SIV courses and guided holidays. We now offer a paragliding specific first aid course.
- Transport is included in our courses. We’re a licensed transport operator.
- Wanaka is beautiful! Look at the photos below…
- If you’re still not convinced, ask other pilots.
- Check out just a few of our profiles: Mark Hardman, Melanie Heather.