Paraventures have arguably done the impossible and negotiated cover through Health Management Insurance Services Ltd that will provide a satisfactory risk protection for NZ pilots when competing overseas. Not just in Australia, but worldwide!!! Cover is available for non-professional pilots.
When arranging cover, be sure to advise HMIS that you plan to particiapte in competitions and make reference to the policy negotiated for Mark Hardman / Paraventures.
Arranging the Insurance
- Name, contact details, and date of birth.
- Travel destination and dates of travel.
- Details of any specialised items to be insured if in excess of the standard per item sum insured under the policy.
A quotation will be issued and then cover can be implemented but the premium has to be paid at the time of finalising arrangements.
Scope of Cover and Policy Wording
HMIS can provide the current policy wording. The insurance is an arrangement within the framework of a travel insurance policy; the salient details are:
- Applicable 24/7
- Applicable worldwide
- No exclusion in respect of paragliding activity whether recreational or competitive
- Medical expenses are covered – the sum insured is “$Unlimited”
- Evacuation and repatriation costs are insured
- A personal accident and disability benefit of $15,000 is included
- 24/7 emergency assistance and access to the right medical treatment the insurance provides assistance when passports, travel documents or credit cards are lost and this service will also help to change travel plans as a result of an emergency.
- Specific contact numbers will be provided for the Cover-More network of assistance providers in Australia, USA, Canada, United Kingdom and other countries.
This insurance is arranged with Cover-More (NZ) Limited – Cover-More administers the insurance (customer service, medical assessment and claims administration); the insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE which is a subsidiary on Munich Re Group. Their financial strength rating awarded by A M Best Company is A+ (superior) – the policy brochure and booklet contained full details and can be provided by HMIS.