CURRENT Covid-19 OPERATING RESTRICTIONS
- Paraventures is currently operating with reduced student numbers. This lets students spread out in the van to facilitate (1m) physical distancing from people you don’t know.
- Wearing a face covering is compulsory whilst in the van. Please respect this request.
Covid-19 PROTECTION FRAMEWORK
Most of you will be aware of the proposed framework – the traffic light system. Those wanting background information, or greater detail, can find it here. The COVID-19 Protection Framework | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz). What is clear, whether we like it or not, is that greater privileges will be extended to those who have been vaccinated, and to businesses which only open to vaccinated clients.
The current alert level based system is not friendly towards paragliding or paragliding schools. Paragliding is prohibited at levels 3 and 4. The social distancing requirements of alert level 2 mean we cannot operate at full capacity. This is primarily to allow people to spread out within the van when doing high flights.
The proposed framework has presented Paraventures with a choice of requiring vaccination certificates or being open to both vaccinated and unvaccinated students.
Being open to both vaccinated and unvaccinated students is expected to require the following:
- Green: Operating with reduced student numbers (in the van) to facilitate 1m physical distancing between students. Face coverings encouraged in the van.
- Orange: Operating with reduced student numbers (in the van) to facilitate 1m physical distancing between students. Face coverings required in the van.
- Red: Unable to operate.
Requiring vaccination certificates from our students is expected to facilitate the following:
- Green: Able to operate at full capacity (a full van). Face coverings encouraged in the van.
- Orange: Able to operate at full capacity (a full van). Face coverings required in the van.
- Red: Operating with reduced student numbers (in the van) to facilitate 1m physical distancing between students. Face coverings required in the van.
Given our current student numbers, and our desire to operate at full capacity, all students will need to present a VACCINE CERTIFICATE when or if we move to the traffic light Covid-19 Protection Framework. Paraventures acknowledges and will comply with exemption rules and procedures (around both vaccines and face masks).
Vaccine certificates are (or will be) available here: My Covid Record | Ministry of Health NZ.
We anticipate having some students who choose to remain unvaccinated and our training of these students will be put on hold. It is uncertain how long this restriction will last. Our policy will be continually reviewed, and we’ll open to all students (including unvaccinated) as soon as we can. This is unlikely to occur before the capacity constraints and social distancing requirements are lifted.